Wondering how to fly with your pet, then this checklist is for you! As a travel blogger, one of the questions I get is “You took your dog where”??? Looking at his Instagram you can see that @mr_theodore_doodle is literally my roll dog 🐶 ! We both tend to be happier when we are together so I bring him with me on almost every trip! Below are tips for bringing your dog on your next ✈️ trip!
Checklist for Traveling or Flying with a Pet!
1. Visit your vet and get proof of your pet’s latest vaccines, depending on where you’re going you may also need a health certificate from your veterinarian.
2. Check the airlines maximum dimensions for pet carriers and make sure it’s able to fit underneath a seat without blocking the aisle. Let your pet get use to the carrier before the trip.
3. Don’t forget about having some extra snacks and fresh water for them throughout the journey.
4. Talk with Your Vet About Sedatives for Your pet if you’re worried they will be anxious.
5. Be there in good time just in case you need to take your pet to the restroom before the flight!
6. Make sure your accommodations allow pets! When we travel two of our favorite dog friendly hotels are Kimpton hotels and Canopy Hotels.
7. Bring your dog’s food and a few favorite toys.
8. Plan some activities that you can also bring your pet along.
Traveling with a pet isn’t easy but depending on your pet it might be worth the work! Obviously not all pets like to travel but Theodore truly enjoys it and is much happier when I bring him instead of leaving him behind. So far Theo’s been to the following destinations and counting!
Be sure to look out for the next part in this How to Travel with Your Pet Series: My Dog Travel essentials. In the meantime, you can check out my own personal travel essentials below!
Spa Slippers, Closed Toe Medium Size Disposable Indoor Hotel Slippers
Washable Travel Neck Pillow Cover
Packing Cubes / Travel Luggage Organizers with Laundry Bag Shoe Bag
Universal All in One Worldwide Travel Adapter Wall Charger with USB Charging
Here’s also my Instagram post with these tips if you want to SAVE for later! Comment below and let me know what your thoughts are about traveling with your pet? Would you rather leave them at home or bring them with you?!
Leave a Reply