If you are new to Peloton, this Peloton beginners workout guide is just what you need to get started. Peloton is a digital multi workout hub. It provides on-demand and live virtual classes for spin, strength, yoga, and much more. Peloton sells indoor bikes and treadmills; however, you don’t need either! The One Peloton App allows you to access all classes and content right from your own device. App members pay a monthly fee to access the content (so do those with a bike or treadmill) and are able to enjoy all available classes.
What to wear for a Peloton Workout?
Now that you have access to Peloton classes, you may be wondering what to wear for your workout? If you plan to do a spin class and you prefer to clip in, I recommend spin shoes. If you prefer to wear regular shoes like me, then I recommend the Adidas Ultraboost. I love wearing these shoes for running and weight lifting because they are super lightweight. For workout pants and leggings I recommend these compression tights from Alala or these Lululemon high rise tights.
What fitness accessories should I buy to go with my Peloton Workout?
There are lots of accessories you may want to get to take your Peloton workouts to the next level or make them more enjoyable. As a beginner I recommend starting with these at-home fitness essentials from Amazon:
- Exercise Body Fan Stay cool under even the most intense workout with this exercise fan
- Spin Cycling Shoes There’s something about clipping into a bike that makes you feel ready to work
- Seat Cushion This will save your ass, literally
- Heart Rate Monitor Keep track of your heart rate so you know when you’ve reached your power zone
- Smart Watch Another way to track your heart rate and count down the minutes till your workout is done
- Bike Phone Mount Take a quick selfie for the gram while you take it into 3rd position
- 2 and 5 Pound Hand Weights Be ready for arm day on the bike with these handy weights
- Microfiber Towel Just in case you don’t sweat glitter
How do you get a full-body workout? Isn’t Peloton just cardio classes?
Peloton may be known for their bike and spin classes, but they offer much more! The app has everything you need to get a full-body workout at home, even when you’re crunch for time. I love to combine 2-3 classes that are 30 minutes or less to get a full workout of cardio and strength. Peloton’s newly released “stacking feature” makes this even easier! If you are a beginner or even if you’ve been a member for years, you’ll want to save and the Peloton beginners workout guide below!
Peloton Beginners Workout Plan
Need more inspiration? Click here for my top 10 picks for Best Peloton Fitness Classes 30 minutes or less including strength, cardio, yoga, and of course spin!