This Malibu travel guide shows why it is a not so hidden gem on the West Coast. It is to the west of LA, making it great for a day trip! Malibu’s beautiful beaches is its biggest claim to fame. I got the chance to visit Malibu during my last visit to LA and had a great time.
Where to Eat in Malibu:
- Malibu Farm – Located at 23000 Pacific Coast Hwy., Malibu is a fresh, organic, farm to table restaurant. We started our trip to Malibu with a cute early morning breakfast right on the pier with gorgeous views of the mountains, ocean, and even Catalina island.The restaurant has two locations on the Malibu pier, Malibu Farm Restaurant and Malibu Farm Cafe. Both locations have amazing views, making it perfect for brunch!
- Nobu Malibu – Getting a reservation here is hard, but definitely worth it! If you are planning a trip to Malibu I suggest making the reservation at Nobu as early as possible. The restaurant is located on the side of the beach with amazing food and even better ambience. We did dinner at Nobu my last night in the city and the experience was perfection! Hearing the ocean waves crash against the shore as we dined on delicious Japanese food was truly memorable. Best of all, the prices are actually pretty reasonable making it even more of a most go for any trip to Malibu!
- Geoffrey’s – This is considered one of Malibu’s most iconic restaurants. It’s a bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion or to treat yourself! The restaurant is located on the Pacific Coast Highway, providing incredible views of the ocean as part of your fine dining experience. Our food (pictured below) was delicious and definitely worth trying!
What to do in Malibu:
- Go hiking at Malibu Creek State Park or Malibu Wine Hikes
- Visiting the beautiful beaches in Malibu are a must! Two of the most popular are Zuma Beach and Point Dume.
- Horseback Riding with The Malibu Riders
- Workout on the beach
- Check out the Malibu Lagoon Museum
What to Wear in Malibu:
Like any other beach city, the dress code is warm and breezy. Be sure to pack swimsuits and chic casual clothes that can go from day to night. For the beach I packed my newest Alala fitness set for a quick beach workout. Below are a few other pieces that I packed in my carry on for my trip.
What ever you decide to do in Malibu, make sure it includes the beautiful views of the city and sunset on the beach. Enjoyed this Malibu travel guide? Looking into visiting some other cities? Be sure to read my related post with recommendations on things to do in other beach cities.